Description: A vacancy has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant, based at our offices in Burgess Hill.
You will be responsible for processing a high volume of purchase orders both for spares & capital equipment whilst aiming to achieve cost savings through purchasing efficiency. You will ensure all orders are processed efficiently and accurately, liaising directly with suppliers, internal departments, customers and service centres to ensure delivery expectations and quality requirements are communicated, monitored and achieved.
- Creation of purchase orders, ensuring accuracy of quantities, prices discounts and delivery requirements, including management of urgent and high priority deliveries.
- Responsible for progressing and coordinating deliveries with suppliers, internal departments and customers to ensure delivery requirements and expectations are communicated, monitored and achieved.
- Assist department head in updating and maintenance of purchase records.
- Provide support to operations team for supplier and customer returns process.
- To provide cover for department colleagues.
Key skills for this role:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of numeracy and understanding of stock management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills, particularly within Microsoft office
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Pro-active and dynamic approach to working
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) and above
- Previous experience in a purchasing role would be advantageous as would experience of working within a small team in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of working with SAGE and SAP would also be beneficial but is not essential.
HPC Compressed Air Systems is recognised as the gold standard in the compressed air industry, supplying innovative, energy efficient air compression / air treatment products and system solutions to leading manufacturers.
If you are interested in this position and you have the necessary skills and qualifications required for this role, please email a covering letter along with your CV to Catherine Delahunty at: email@example.com.