Service Manager - Midlands
HPC Compressed Air Systems, has an opportunity for an experienced Service Manager working at our Nottingham branch.
A leader in the UK Compressed Air market for fifty years, in partnership with KAESER Kompressoren SE, and its network of HPC Authorised Distributors, HPC provides its customers with the most reliable and efficient Compressed Air Solutions.
The two main functions of this role are to:
- Successfully manage the Nottingham and Birmingham (‘Midlands’) service departments ensuring optimum performance and efficient operations to maintain a first class service to our customers.
- To own and drive continuous improvement initiatives to grow service contract numbers and revenue, provide management technical support to customers and engineers and meet key objectives set by the General Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of the Midlands engineers including training needs, overtime, and call out rotas.
- Working within agreed budgets, achieving set targets and KPI’s
- Securing long term service contracts with new and existing customers.
This position will require a minimum of three days per week customer facing and mentoring service engineers including site audits, whilst spending equal time at both Midlands branches.
- Good leadership
- Excellent communication
- Knowledge of and compliance with current Health and Safety Procedures
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Proven working knowledge with efficient processes, practices and techniques and the ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Good teamworking skills and a willingness to assume accountability for service resources and practices.
Qualifications & Experience (min level of requirement)
- A formal technical training by means of apprenticeship or equivalent is required together with a minimum of two years management experience working without direct supervision.
- Possess a sound engineering background, ideally in the Compressed Air Industry, with a proven working background that can demonstrate clear and effective knowledge, skills and thinking.
- A current driving licence is essential.
HPC are offering a competitive salary with company benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company sick pay, pension scheme and private medical insurance after a qualifying period, plus a company car and performance related bonus.
If you would like to apply for this role and have the necessary skills and experience, please email your CV to Catherine Delahunty at: firstname.lastname@example.org.