The spread and the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting all businesses and in response to this HPC intends to communicate and provide regular updates to our Distributors, key accounts and customers via this dedicated page.
On this page, the operational and stock / logistics status of HPC (as seen above) will be updated on a daily basis through a series of GREEN | AMBER | RED status indicators (RAG status) together with a short commentary plus all related business updates to the ongoing and evolving situation. (Please refer to the key to status indicators at the bottom of this page for further details).
- the current HPC status for Operations is GREEN - Fully Operational
- the current HPC status for Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
HPC Response Update:
In addition to the daily published updates, please see the grey DOWNLOADS side bar module (to the top right corner of this page) or click the link here to view a PDF copy of a message from Ian Curtis, Chairman, regarding the HPC response to the new restrictions announced by the Prime Minister - Boris Johnson on Monday evening 23rd March 2020.
Key Supplier Update:
HPC has sufficient stock of equipment and spares and is closely monitoring our stock situation and that of our suppliers. We are communicating and conducting regular conference calls with all key suppliers to monitor, maintain and react accordingly to the demands of stock and supply.
We are continuing to receive regular and scheduled deliveries from the majority of our suppliers resulting in our current Fully Operational status for both our Operations plus Stock & Logistics.
Current status summary of key suppliers:
KAESER - Operations, Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
PARKER - Operations, Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
BEKO - Operations, Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
Morris Lubricants - Operations, Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
Gemco (Stenhoj) - Operations, Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
Please note that HPC has been advised of temporary service adjustments by one of its logistic contractors, APC Overnight. In summary:
- APC Overnight is suspending all pre 09:00 delivery services - APC parcel service cannot guarantee Next Day AM deliveries as priority is given to Health Care deliveries.
- APC drivers are not to have contact when delivering - please could all HPC customers consider and advise details of a safe drop off point at their premises for HPC to relay to APC via the booking platform
Currently, we can confirm that:
- HPC and all HPC Regional Centres remain open and are Fully Operational
- HPC is continuing to receive deliveries from KAESER and other key suppliers therefore stock and logistics are all Fully Operational
- HPC and KAESER are conducting regular conference calls to monitor, maintain and react accordingly to the demands of stock and supply
- HPC has sufficient stock of equipment and spares and is closely monitoring our stock situation and that of our suppliers
- An HPC management team is meeting regularly to ensure that, as a business, we remain responsive and that we continue to do everything we can to support all customer requirements during this time
During this period of uncertainty, the well being and health of all visitors to HPC and our own staff members is the highest priority. Whilst we are currently fully operational, HPC is reviewing and taking all necessary precautions to keep our team, visitors and customers safe according to current guidelines being provided by the Government and Public Health England (PHE) as it is updated and published.
The situation and the advice being provided is changing day-by-day. However, one of the ways identified to reduce potential risk to HPC staff and our customers is to review face to face interactions. HPC is therefore taking the following steps:
- We have suspended, with immediate effect, all HPC training courses until further notice
- Special measures have been introduced with regard to delivery drivers and visitors to HPC. In essence, HPC has limited access to all of its sites and facilities to staff only
- We are instructing our external sales / service personnel and our delivery contractors to try, wherever possible, to limit close contact and to maintain a reasonable distance from other people on site
- Our external staff have been asked, where possible, to continue business as usual but will respect all individual customer requirements as necessary
- External HPC staff have been issued with guidelines and instructed on maintaining high standards of hygiene
In addition, HPC is:
- Instigating and conducting higher levels of housekeeping, hygiene standards and best practice wherever possible across all of it's sites
- HPC head office support staff have been segregated across its three Burgess Hill sites to limit the potential risk of infection to a whole department
- Any HPC staff that have recently travelled to a known risk area for COVID–19 in the last 14 days, that have been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID–19 or that have a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and/or fever are required to self-isolate and remain at home
We will continue to update this page daily as this unprecedented situation changes.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, custom and understanding during this challenging period of uncertainty as we strive to continue to maintain the high levels of customer service of which HPC is justly proud.
Key to HPC Business Status Indicators: