The spread and the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting all businesses and in response to this HPC intends to communicate and provide regular updates to our Distributors, key accounts and customers via this dedicated page.
On this page, the operational and stock / logistics status of HPC (as seen above) will be updated on a daily basis through a series of GREEN | AMBER | RED status indicators (RAG status) together with a short commentary plus all related business updates to the ongoing and evolving situation. (Please refer to the key to status indicators at the bottom of this page for further details).
Friday 3rd April:
- the current HPC status for Operations is GREEN - Fully Operational
- the current HPC status for Stock & Logistics is GREEN - Fully Operational
HPC Response Update (first published Friday 27th March 2020):
In addition to the daily published updates, please see the grey DOWNLOADS side bar module (to the top right corner of this page) or click the link here to view a PDF copy of a message from Ian Curtis, Chairman, regarding the HPC response to the new restrictions announced by the Prime Minister - Boris Johnson on Monday evening 23rd March 2020.
Key Supplier Update:
HPC has sufficient stock of equipment and spares and is closely monitoring our stock situation and that of our suppliers. We are communicating and conducting regular conference calls with all key suppliers to monitor, maintain and react accordingly to the demands of stock and supply.
We are continuing to receive regular and scheduled deliveries from the majority of our suppliers resulting in our current Fully Operational status for both our Operations plus Stock & Logistics.
Current status summary of key suppliers:
KAESER (information updated Friday 3rd April 2020):
- Production of screw compressors – GREEN - no shortage of supplier parts in assembly, a slight problem with a supplier to be resolved – this has no effect yet on existing orders and HPC has a healthy stock of the most popular standard units
- Production of piston compressors / blowers – GREEN - no shortage of supplier parts at present
- Production of MOBILAIR Portable Compressors – GREEN – a shortage of parts in assembly from one supplier – this has no effect yet on existing orders and HPC has a healthy stock of the most popular standard MOBILAIR units
- Purchasing Department - GREEN / AMBER – currently 70% of KAESER employees are working in the mobile office with no detrimental affect on the performance of the department
- Logistics - GREEN – where possible, KAESER office staff are working from home with no detrimental affect on the performance of the department – all warehouse / packaging staff are currently on site
- Service Support – GREEN - currently 60% of the KAESER service support employees are working in the mobile office with no detrimental affect on the performance of the department – all other staff are currently on site
- Global Sales Support – GREEN - currently 50% of the KAESER service support employees are working in the mobile office with no detrimental affect on the performance of the department
PARKER dh (first published Friday 27th March 2020):
- Currently advising business as usual with manufacturing facilities operating as usual and accepting orders for all product lines
- Italian manufacturing facility has been granted ‘essential business’ status and as such can continue normal operations until further notice, so to can their supplier and sub-suppliers
- Parker is expecting that lead-times of some Italian sourced products / parts / items will in time be affected so best to enquire on an order by order basis
- All other measures expected of Parker facilities have been put in place
- The Italy shut down is expected to remain in place until 4th April 2020 at the earliest
BEKO (first published Friday 27th March 2020):
- Currently experiencing some disruption to its Italian supply chain
- BEKO UK recently doubled up on stock, as a result BEKO UK does not foresee too many issues if the shutdown lasts for the planned 2 weeks
- If the shutdown lasts in excess of 3 to 4 weeks then availability of some BEKO products may be affected
- Availability of OW - Owamat oil /water separator and BE - Bekomat Condensate Drain product ranges is currently normal
Logistics Update (first published Friday 20th March 2020):
Please note that HPC has been advised of temporary service adjustments by one of its logistic contractors, APC Overnight with immediate effect. In summary:
- APC Overnight is suspending all pre 09:00 delivery services - The pre 09:00 delivery service option will not be available from HPC for parcels and smaller deliveries. This also removes the facility to upgrade to a pre 09:00 delivery
- APC drivers are not to have contact when delivering - please could all HPC customers consider and advise details of a safe drop off point at their premises for HPC to relay to APC via the booking platform
Currently, we can confirm that:
- HPC and all HPC Regional Centres remain open and are Fully Operational
- HPC is continuing to receive deliveries from KAESER and other key suppliers therefore stock and logistics are all Fully Operational
- HPC and KAESER are conducting regular conference calls to monitor, maintain and react accordingly to the demands of stock and supply
- HPC has sufficient stock of equipment and spares and is closely monitoring our stock situation and that of our suppliers
- An HPC management team is meeting regularly to ensure that, as a business, we remain responsive and that we continue to do everything we can to support all customer requirements during this time
During this period of uncertainty, the well being and health of all visitors to HPC and our own staff members is the highest priority. Whilst we are currently fully operational, HPC is reviewing and taking all necessary precautions to keep our team, visitors and customers safe according to current guidelines being provided by the Government and Public Health England (PHE) as it is updated and published.
The situation and the advice being provided is changing day-by-day. However, one of the ways identified to reduce potential risk to HPC staff and our customers is to review face to face interactions. HPC is therefore taking the following steps:
- We have suspended, with immediate effect, all HPC training courses until further notice
- Special measures have been introduced with regard to delivery drivers and visitors to HPC. In essence, HPC has limited access to all of its sites and facilities to staff only
- We are instructing our external sales / service personnel and our delivery contractors to try, wherever possible, to limit close contact and to maintain a reasonable distance from other people on site
- Our external staff have been asked, where possible, to continue business as usual but will respect all individual customer requirements as necessary
- External HPC staff have been issued with guidelines and instructed on maintaining high standards of hygiene
In addition, HPC is:
- Instigating and conducting higher levels of housekeeping, hygiene standards and best practice wherever possible across all of it's sites
- HPC head office support staff have been segregated across its three Burgess Hill sites to limit the potential risk of infection to a whole department
- Any HPC staff that have recently travelled to a known risk area for COVID–19 in the last 14 days, that have been in contact with someone who has a known case of COVID–19 or that have a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and/or fever are required to self-isolate and remain at home
We will continue to update this page daily as this unprecedented situation changes.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, custom and understanding during this challenging period of uncertainty as we strive to continue to maintain the high levels of customer service of which HPC is justly proud.
Key to HPC Business Status Indicators: