Wastewater Treatment Solutions: air compressor for sewage treatment plant
Low-maintenance, quiet and efficient, Kaeser blowers generate compressed air for a wide range of different applications.
For wastewater treatment plants ensuring a dependable source of compressed air at all times is also absolutely critical. The wastewater treatment plant’s biological processes require large amounts of oxygen in constant supply. The success of the water purification process depends entirely on continuity: microorganisms can only perform their work if their life cycle is uninterrupted. Simply put, if their air supply is cut off, the bacteria die. And any interruption leads to a breakdown in the clarification process.
Given the demands of wastewater treatment plants and the importance of aeration to their processes, an ideal blower package should be energy efficient and reliable. With energy being the single highest operating cost in a wastewater treatment plant — with the energy to operate blowers for aeration being the largest energy consumer — it pays to be efficient.
Working with HPC KAESER, the wastewater treatment industry has the means to effectively design, install, and maintain an energy-efficient system that can reliably deliver the compressed air needed to ensure oxygenation is not interrupted. HPC KAESER blower technology facilitates integration on both a blower package and system-level ensuring maximum plant efficiency with significant savings on operational and lifetime costs.
Popular Wastewater Treatment Blower and Compressor Systems
- HPC KAESER Blowers - Rotary Blowers with efficient, three-lobe OMEGA profile rotors and a casing designed to minimise pulsation effects and well as Screw Blowers with the energy-saving SIGMA profile rotors – designed by HPC KAESER for optimal power reduction and performance
- HPC KAESER Turbo Blower - Turbo blowers are the optimum choice when it comes to fluid aeration - wastewater treatment, flotation, fermentation and process air (e.g. Air Knives). For flow rates up to 8000 m³/h there is the 150 kW series, and the 300 kW series for flow rates up to 17,000 m³/h. Both of these model ranges comprise three different types of PillAerator. Due to the differing impeller designs, each type delivers different pressures and flow rates up to a maximum of 1.4 bar gauge pressure.
- HPC KAESER Rotary Screw Compressors - compact, modular and space saving SXC and AIRCENTER Series units feature screw compressor packages complete with refrigerant dryers and air receivers that are easy to position and simple to install
- MOBILAIR Portable Compressors - MOBILAIR Screw Compressors are powerful, portable machines for providing reliable compressed air. A wide range of models and options covers every demand from the compact M13 with a capacity of 1.2 m³/min (42cfm) at 7 bar, to the high-performance M250 delivering 25.4 m³/min (897cfm) at 8.6 bar and beyond to the M500-2 delivering 45.8 m³/min (1617 cfm) at 6.9 bar of 100% OIL FREE air.
- After-coolers / heat exchangers for blowers – HPC Kaeser after-coolers / heat exchangers are specifically designed for use with Kaeser blowers. They are designed for all applications requiring an upper limit on the process air temperature. In addition, it is possible to recover heat energy with after-coolers / heat exchangers.
- Air receivers – for the storage of compressed air at pressure
- SAM 4.0 Air management and compressor control system – promoting Industry 4.0 compliance and ensuring exceptional energy efficiency to help safeguard the environment. Up to 16 fully independent compressed air stations can be controlled simultaneously by a SAM 4.0, which groups the individual compressors as one large station