HPC KAESER provide a complete range of Marine compressed air systems including rotary screw compressors, rotary blowers and air treatment components specifically designed for marine environment compressed air use
A comprehensive range includes application specific service air, compressed air for nitrogen generation and blower air for wastewater treatment systems on large cruise ships. HPC KAESER marine products are certified by all of the marine classification societies and are valued as much for their reliability as they are for their energy efficiency and long service life.
Why choose HPC KAESER for your marine compressed air systems?
Dependable & Durable Marine Environment Compressed Air Systems
In this specific and demanding environment, compressed air production is a matter of trust. Above all, this key energy source has to be available when and where you need it. The outstanding build quality and engineering of HPC KAESER air compressors and rotary blowers provides you with that peace of mind. Strong vertical integration combined with an optimised mix of experience, expertise, creative technical innovation and strength firmly support these quality aspirations.
Energy Efficiency with Marine Air Compressors
HPC KAESER customers are increasingly focused on energy efficiency, to both control costs and reduce their impact on the world’s natural resources. HPC KAESER always provides the most efficient compressed air system solutions while minimising the environmental impact of our products. At the heart of every rotary screw compressor is a premium quality airend equipped with HPC KAESER’s renowned SIGMA PROFILE rotors which deliver more air with less energy consumption.
Looking for Tailored On-board Compressed Air Solutions?
An extensive range of proven, dependable HPC KAESER products comprising compressors, air treatment components and rotary blowers is available for every conceivable application, enabling our marine environment experts to provide a specially tailored compressed air system solution for all of your marine air system requirements and any on-board environment.
On-board Nitrogen Generation
Dependable nitrogen generation is available from HPC KAESER screw compressors that range from 0.25 to 85 m³/min with a constant pressure up to 14 bar which suits for every application on each ship. The engineering and design of HPC KAESER Marine products follows strictly the demands of marine customers: Compact in size, easy to install and with very good access to the maintenance components across the range. The self-developed SIGMA Control ensures a safe operation and supervises all relevant parameters to ensure a long and reliable guarantee for on-board nitrogen demand.
On-board Working Air for every Voyage
Working air is required on every ship under the harshest conditions. With the standard working air range of 0.25 to 12.5 m³/min, HPC KAESER has a solution for every general or specialist marine requirement. As an option, compressors can feature integrated refrigerant dryers and SIGMA frequency control (SFC). Marine certification is possible according to all classification companies. Excellent accessibility to all maintenance and service relevant components minimises service effort and therefore costs. HPC KAESER rotary screw compressors are highly resilient when it comes to extreme operating environments. Even in hot machine room conditions they continue to operate efficiently and dependably. Special models are available suited to ambient temperatures of up to 50 and 55 °C (standard models 45°C).
On-board Low Pressure Air
HPC KAESER rotary blowers specifically designed for marine environment applications perform in all climatic conditions and with years of proven dependability they provide for quality water treatment on-board ships. Supply and disposal facilities are required at sea wherever there are people – even if temporarily. That is why appropriately dimensioned wastewater treatment systems are essential on cruise ships where crew and passengers total into the thousands. HPC KAESER has a range of durable, energy-efficient, compact rotary blowers in various sizes and ratings to deliver a dependable supply of oxygen to the bacteria cultures in on-board clarifiers. Rotary blowers and low pressure air is also used in anti-heeling systems which maintain a ship‘s trim during loading and unloading.
Fish Farming and Aquaculture Air
Operators of fish farms and the Aquaculture sites, whether on-shore or off-shore, rely on a reliable supply of low pressure air and / or compressed air in order to ensure continuous, correctly dosed food distribution. This is another area where the many advantages of HPC KAESER products provide significant advantages. A comprehensive range of rotary blower and rotary screw compressors means that the perfect system, or combination of systems, can be precisely tailored to suit any need. Please refer to the Aquaculture industry solutions page for further detail.
Sea and Land Interface Air
Compressed air is the first choice when it comes to moving bulk goods. Whether loading or purging, rotary blowers are reliable, long-term partners for energy efficient air supply. Specialised marine environment uses include:
- Moving bulk goods – HPC KAESER provide a wide range of rotary blower systems and packages of various capacities for conveying bulk goods. According to requirement, the blower packages include completely integrated power electronics and are delivered ready for connection.
- Maintaining ice-free ports - Depending on the specific situation, rotary screw compressors and / or blowers are used to keep port entrances or vital navigation channels ice-free.
- Sound protection for marine life – in the case of Dolphin & Co. and installed on wind turbine platform construction vessels; HPC KAESER portable compressors provide air bubble curtains to protect whales, dolphins and marine life from construction noise.
Popular Marine Environment compressed air solution systems:
- Rotary screw compressors - compact, modular and space saving compressor options featuring package options complete with refrigerant dryers, frequency control and air receivers that are easy to position and simple to install.
- Rotary blowers (Roots type and Screw) - Low-maintenance HPC KAESER blowers deliver pressurised air quietly and efficiently for a wide range of applications.
- Refrigerant dryers & Compressed air filters – to ensure compressed air quality by removing potentially harmful contaminants such as moisture, dirt and oil.
- Air receivers – for the storage of compressed air at pressure.
- Condensate treatment products – electronic condensate drains and oil/water separators that deliver and treat contaminated condensate.
- SAM 4.0 air management and compressor control system – promoting Industry 4.0 compliance and ensuring exceptional energy efficiency to help safeguard the environment.